Clara Cow's Cosplay Cup (C4) attempts to bring back the fun and bonding between cosplayers of different countries to the international stage. The most relaxed international cosplay event currently organized in Europe, with a main prize of a trip to Japan for the winning team with all taxes, hotel and Japan Rail Pass covered!
C4 will have its fifth round at AnimeCon 2019, The Netherlands in June 2019. Before that date, the preliminary round for the selection of qualifying Malaysia representative team will be held in AMG-chan 2019.
How to participate
Fill up registration form
Complete the registration form. First come first serve basis.
Closing at 20 Apr 2019 at 11.59PM (GMT+8) or when all 10* slots are taken. *Subject to change
An e-mail will be sent to you within 1 week of registration submission.
Submission of reference
Participating teams must submit materials by 4 May 2019 at 11.59PM (GMT +8).
On Day 2, 12 May 2019 (Sunday). Prize giving ceremony will be held on the same day. Have fun!
Rules & Regulation
- This competition is open only to Malaysians eighteen(18) years of age or above as at 14 June 2019.
- Each team must consist of two (2) cosplayer participants*.
- Each team must cosplay as official characters from the same officially released (East and West) animation, comic or game series.
- Characters can be based on illustrations by official artists, original creators or studios of the series:
- Junkenstein (Junkrat's Halloween skin) from Overwatch.
- Star Guardians Series from League of Legends.
- CLAMP characters from officially released CLAMP art books.
- Characters cannot be based on a live action adaptation of the series:
- Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom live action movie
- DC or Marvel characters from live action movies
- Crossover of characters from different sources are NOT allowed.
- Original characters, fictional characters or fan-made characters are NOT allowed.
- AMG-chan reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is deemed unsuitable for the competition, and judges' decisions are final.
* Stage helpers are NOT allowed in this competition. Instead, your team will receive basic assistance during set-up phase prior to, and clean-up phase after stage performance.
- Please complete the registration form upon its release with required details. Should you encounter any submission difficulty, please email us at email@example.com.
- Registration officially ends on 20 Apr 2019 at 11.59PM (GMT+8) or when all ten (10)* slots are taken, whichever earlier. Registration is on a first-come, first-verify basis. *Subject to change
- Every submission is final; please ensure all details provided are complete and accurate. Incomplete and inaccurate submission will be disqualified
- An acknowledgement email will be sent to you within one (1) week of registration, confirming your team's participation in the competition.
- Note that upon confirmation of participation, teams that pull out last minute or fail to appear without any reasonable interference will be required to sit out from the competition for a cooling period of two (2) years.
Submission of References
Participating teams must submit the following items by 4 May 2019 at 11.59PM (GMT+8):
- Reference pictures of chosen characters (in colour).
- Work-in-progress pictures (in colour).
- A short summary of the team's skit.
- Pre-recorded audio (.mp3) for stage performance usage.
- Each team must perform a skit not more than 150 seconds i.e. 2 minutes 30 seconds in length.
- The maximum set-up time prior to stage performance is 30 seconds. Note that the maximum number of stage props is four (4).
- The maximum height of each prop is one (1) meter*. However, there is no limitation on its weight.
- Each costume must be wholly self-made and will be pre-judged prior to stage performance. Note that costumes that have participated in other finals or international competitions cannot be reused** in this competition.
- Store bought costumes will receive zero score for quality and teams will be disqualified on the spot. However, small props e.g. small bottles, feathers etc. can be store bought
- Each team cannot use:
- Real weapons.
- Any item that may spill on the stage e.g. bubbles, glitter, confetti etc.
- Live fire, dry ice, live steel weapons or other items that could cause danger to yourself and others.
* Any prop exceeding this limitation is encouraged to be made adjustable or removable by parts.
** E.g. should you took part in Cosplay Invitational 2018 by cosplaying as Ambitious Elf Jinx (Christmas skin), then you are not allowed to enter this competition with the same set of costume.